Flk “Governor Bories” (1906)

Flk "Aviemore"

Flk “Governor Bories” at Framnæs Mek. in Sandefjord.

1882 Built by William Gray & Co. Ltd in West Hartlepool as a cargo ship Wordsworth.

1906 Bought in by Adolf Amandus Andresen (Sandefjord) for Chile-baserte Magallanes Whaling Society (P.A. Bruyne), Punta Arenas, Chile, converted into a cookery at Framnæs mek. and renamed Governor Bories. At the beginning of the season based in and around the Straits of Magellan, and later, as the first cookery, under license from Deception Island, South Shetland Islands.

1914 12. In October she was sunk as a blockade ship in Burra Sound, Scapa Flow.

Possibly. coloring of Focal Photo / Geir Rosset.

sources: Rosset, Geir. 2013: The factory ships. Novus publishing house.

Skipshistorie.net